Wednesday 30 November 2011

J Cole in NR4

Yeah never really thought I'd be writing a blog post about the love of my life (J Cole) being in Norwich. London? Yes. Norwich? Not in a million years. 

However J Cole did decide to pay a visit to the infamous LCR and to be honest made it one of the best nights in my entire life. 

The day started of with Mitra and I travelling up by coach (because we can be a bit stingy at times) to Norwich. Once we got there we chilled for a couple of hours and then got changed into this...


To be honest I felt pretty ugly that day, maybe because I knew that loads of girls would be there with their flowing weaves, tight dresses, amazing legs and heels. I think I over compensated with the amount of make up I put on...but whatever. So I wore my leather jacket, snake skin print leggings and huge silver hoops...all from Topshop. Plus my red Vans which I seemingly can't go a day without these days. Oh yeah the white tshirt I'm wearing underneath was haggled down to £10 at Spitalfields market. I can't find an image online but it was basically very similar to this one...


Mitra looked amazing...


Her t shirt and faux leather high waisted skirt are both from H&M. Her tights and ankle boots are both New Look. I love the look. Its kind of 50s meets noughties alternative chick. I'm well jel (LOL) 

Now onto J Cole. This is how I summed up that night in words.


To which a friend (hi Nnamdi! lol) decided to reply...



Erm...but he is though...

Anyways...It wasn't just his looks that I was in love with, J Cole performed amazingly well that night. He had so much passion for his music, so much energy and so much love for the crowd. He made the music sound even better live...every song was fresh and new. He performed old hits and new. I was so happy he performed all the favourites including 'Higher', 'Blow Up', 'Nobody's Perfect', 'Can't Get Enough', 'In The Morning' etc. He even did songs he was featured on like Beyonce's 'Party', Jay Z's 'A Star Is Born' and Miguel's 'All I Want Is You'. However, I was a little bit sad not to hear favourites like '2Face', 'Dead Presidents II', 'Cost Me A Lot' and 'Best Friend'...unless he did perform them and I was too high on life to remember. Let me know lol

A couple of pictures to either remind you of the night or make you a bit jealous. Take your pick. 





Now just a little bit on make-up looks. 

For the concert Mitra and I kind of unintentionally matched.


Dark eyebrows, liquid eyeliner, EYELASHES (mine are fake) and hot pink lipgloss/lipstick.


I used:


  • Foundation - a mix of MAC Mineralize in NC50 (which is a bit dark) and CoverGirl 'Clean Oil Control' in Tawny (which is a bit lighter). I like to use the MAC as a base and then use the CoverGirl over the top as it stops me from getting too shiny on my T-zone. It also has a different finish and is not as matte as the MAC Mineralize.
  • Yves Saint Laurent 'Touche Elact' as my concealer.
  • Collection 2000 eyebrow pencil, but I might start using a dark brown because the jet black is quite extreme.
  • A dark pink CoverGirl blusher.
  • Lips - I used MAC 'Girl About Town' as lipliner and then filled in and blended with Collection 2000 'Lock N Hold' Lipgloss in the baby pink colour. I love experimenting with my lips these days. Don't take that comment the wrong way please lol. 
For the club after I literally kept the exact same look and changed the colour of my lipstick.


Ok so now I'm shiny. The lipstick is Collection 2000 in 'Firecracker'. Look, a sneaky lil peek at the tattoo. Its hardly ever on show these days. I blame the weather and my job. 

Hope you liked the post. Comment with any questions :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...