Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentines Schmalentines?

I thought that since its Valentines Day today, and love seems to be the hot topic...I thought I'd do a quick post on it.

The name of our blog 'I Poisoned Cupid' may lead everyone to believe that we're cynical about love. But speaking for myself I can honestly say that I'm not.

Yes today I'm giving off EXTREMELY bitter vibes. I can even be quoted as saying "fxck Valentines, fxck love, fxck life". But its not because I hate Valentines Day, its mainly because I'm single on Valentines Day. If I were in a relationship at this very moment in time, trust me, I'd be twitpic'ing my presents like nobodies business. I'd probably have facebook status' and tweets exclaiming 'Love my baby! mwah!' LOL. Yes, I have been known to do pathetic things like this in the past...

I'm not angry at all the soppy couples out there. I'm not even angry at Capitalism itself for turning love into a commodity. I'm kinda angry at myself...for allowing one day to make me feel insecure and inferior. If I didn't want a boyfriend a week ago, why do I suddenly want one today? Why does the thought of heart shaped chocolates and a meal at Nandos make me so fickle? A question I can not answer. Hopefully this time next year, I'll either be in a happy relationship or I'll be so happy that I won't give a damn either way. 

In the meantime, it's payday tomorrow so I'll probably be buying these items to cheer myself up:


Cream and Black Polka Dot Skater Skirt. £16 from River Island.



Black Faux Suede Chelsea Boots. £38 from Daisystreet.com


And this if my boobs were ever able to fit in this...

Black Fringe Bra Top. £25 from River Island. 




Happy Valentines Day Lovers!!! <3 

Jadeybaby

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...