Thursday 16 February 2012

Where's your head at?

This is a post about hair accessories. It was requested by a lovely reader so I thought I'd do my best to find some good ones. See if you like?

This is a black 'turband' from Nastygal.com for $25 which translates to roughly £16. Its worth it because the quality of the material looks more luxurious than you would find on the high street. I love it because I'd never be brave enough to rock a full turban so this a great 'meet in the middle' accessory. I would wear it exactly as the model is.




Next up is this Satin Encrusted Headband from River Island and its sold at £15. This is quite girly and normally I wouldn't go for something like this. However, I think you can use this in an unexpected way. Pair it with a 'grungy' looking outfit...think ripped denim hotpants, a baggy t-shirt and Dr Martens. Have your hair either dead straight or really messy. 




This a Yellow Sunflower Garland Headband from River Island and it sells at £4. It very much fits into the whole 'festival look', so you can either wear it to brighten up your winter or save it for summer.



This is from River Island but sold on Asos for £13. I know this is a scarf, but my favourite thing to do is take scarves and turn them into headbands. First fold it into a triangle and then keep folding into a rectangle shape until the scarf is one straight line. Then wrap it around your head and tie at the front so that it creates a bow. Its a very 1950s look, so pair with red lipstick and gold hoop earrings. Some tattoos wouldn't go amiss either lol.



This Moschino Cheap & Chic 100% silk scarf from Asos is a bit pricey at £60, but I had to feature it because it was love at first sight. You would use this in the same way as the previous scarf...and just look at this print!



Last but not least is this Feather Cascading Hairband from Topshop and it sells at £8.50. You just tie a ponytail and then tie this over your initial hairband. Its not 'in your face' but is a great way of making a simple hairstyle a bit more exciting!



Hope you enjoyed? Which one was your favourite? Leave any comments below :D

Lots of love

Jadeybaby

xXx



2 comments:

  1. I <3 YOU!

    This is brilliant! The River Island flowerband and the Topshop ponytail one's are on my 'to buy' list right now! And i love the turband, rocking that, especially whilst it's still quite chilly here would be a fashionable godsend!

    The scarf idea too is great, i might actually see if i can rock it when i head out tomorrow night, i usually tie scarves so the bow is underneath but the bow on top could look pretty great! Ooooo I'm excited!

    You are my guru Jade!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww thanks lovely! Thats actually made my day :)

    xXx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...