Saturday 10 December 2011

Build my face...

Another weird post title. Look at it as a cry for help lol.

So basically its nearly 2012, but I for one will not be making any New Years Resolutions, since I never stick to them and I basically think they are mostly always bullshit.

So...the only thing I'll be doing at the stroke of midnight (because I certainly have no one to kiss) is throwing out my makeup bag and all its contents. Why? Because I'm pretty bored of my make up look at the moment and I'm willing to try pretty much anything to spruce it up.

If you know me you'll know that since I hit 15 I've been wearing black liquid eyeliner, mascara and kohl pencil.


This isn't me at 15...before any of you get worried lol

 As I got older I introduced other elements such as foundation, bronzer, and bright lipsticks. But now I'm as bored as hell.

So now I'm asking you guys to help me out. Since I'm building everything up again from scratch I'm going to need your advice. What products do you recommend fill my make up bag? They don't need to be from the obvious brands but they do need to be fantabulous. I need everything...foundation, concealer, lipglosses, moisturisers. You name it I need it.

So I would really really REALLY love it if, in the comments below you could leave your recommendations.

Help build me face :)


13 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of experimenting with eyeshadow, because I've always had a similar look too, I watched a video on youtube today that recommended a particular eyeshadow pallette, it's reasonable and the products looked amazing:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-88-ULTRA-SHIMMER-EYE-SHADOW-PALETTE-KIT-by-JC-Nadia/140609590097?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=004&category=11866&cmd=ViewItem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you really gonna throw out EVERYTHING?!? Even your signature lipsticks? This makes me a little sad :( loool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niy: I really want to do a lot more eyeshadow in the future too BUT I have no idea how to apply it well, blend all the colours etc etc. If someone could teach me I would be so down.

    Akilah: Ok maybe not the lipsticks. That might be a step too far lol. Or maybe I'll just replace the lipsticks, like different shades and brands of the colours I already have :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jade its Zulei. I recommend Yves Saint Laurent's touche eclat, its an amazing concealer/ highlighter pen, its a bit expensive but you dont need much. go for a nice powder, aka Mac and revlons khol pencil in black has a really nice feel to it. maxfactor's lip pen is really nice if you want a matte finish lippy that doesnt fade for ages. add a bit of mascara, and voila! the no makeup makeup! Your too pretty to be wearing foundation etc all the time, you dont need it till ur at least 40 lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww thanks babe! Yeah I've used the Touche Eclat before and love it. Mine's just run out but the price is defo stopping me from getting another one just yet lol. I'll defo take your advice on using powder instead of foundation and the maxfactor lip pen. Any particular colours you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. YSL mascara is the one it is pricey but its nice if not settle for clinique( for the cheaper option) love it!! i hope you use primer its a must if you want make up to stay on and also if you want to learn about eyeshadows urban decay is really the place to be from the base primers to any eye thing you can think of and bobbi brown lip glosses do me a treat!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks 'Anonymous'! I wanna know who you are! lol

    I think I'll try the Clinique...I know they have a lot of different mascaras that do different things, so any one in particular?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes try the Clinque High impact curling mascara (it has a curved brush) or the clinique lash power long wearing formula not sure if that's dis continued if so they will show you a similar one without the curved brush.

    p.s you do know me :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry its not lulu

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. No lol i'll come out one of these days...

    * smooches*
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...