Wednesday 21 December 2011

Buy Me Spikes So I Know It's Real

I can't be the only person bored of dainty and pretty jewellery can I? Everytime I see a cute little necklace with daisies, or horse shoes etc I think 'how cute!'. But thats the problem I don't want to be cute anymore. I have chubby cheeks and dimples...I'm ready to rebel.

Recently all the jewellery I've bought has either been from Topshop or Spitalfields Market. Topshop seems to do the edgiest accessories on the high street and Spitalfields Market is great for one of a kind pieces. I like items that stand out, items that can transform an outfit, items that cause that middle class woman on the tube to give me dodgy looks.

So here's three of the most recent pieces I've bought...






First up is this single earring from Topshop. Too be honest I don't even know the official name for it...but at £6.50 I fell in love instantly. As you can see I already have 4 piercings in that ear already and this earring makes me look like I have one more (the cartilidge) without the pain and fear that comes along with large silver needles. *shudders*. Its 'pretty rock and roll' and can add something different to the prettiest or sexiest of outfits. Its also great to wear if you're wearing a particularly busy outfit but don't want to leave your ears completely naked. Get yourself one of these. I dare you. 

Next up we have...my BITCH ring.



My infamous Bitch ring from Spitalfields Market. It was meant to cost £15 but Mitra and I got it down to £12. That's one of the two things I love the most about visiting markets...the power of negotiation. The other is the fact that most pieces are either rare or vintage...no mass produced jewellery here. This ring itself is handmade :). The amount of looks I've because of this is pretty amazing. Its mostly been positive apart from the woman on public transport who looked at me like I had just killed her grandmother lol.


Lastly we have a necklace from Spitalfields Market...





This is one of my favourite things ever. Its handmade from large spikes and paperclips and its the only one that had been made at the time. It was originally £30 but we got it down to £15 because of a little 'incident' that we won't go into lol...never buy an item at the first price they offer you. 

I love this necklace because it just looks dangerous. In fact my mum banned me from wearing it on public transport because she thought if there was an accident it would stab me through my chin -_-. She's so extra. I think the fact that I'm not necessarily a risky person in reality means that I take my chances through my accessories.

Long may it continue :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...