Friday 9 December 2011

Paperclip Presents...

Ok so don't think I'm weird for this title but...

A couple of weeks ago at work I was running an arts and craft club (knee deep in green glitter and PVA glue) and one of my students decided to make me this:


I was pretty chuffed :) and wow my skin looks orange.

I literally turned around for one second and when I swivelled back around there appeared a necklace made from...paperclips. I'm pretty glad my office uses these colourful plastic ones, because I'm sure the metal ones would be a certain health hazard -_-

So pretty impressed I asked him how he made it (although you can probably guess). But for those who are a bit slow like me I'll explain anyway lol

You basically start with two paperclips of different colours...


After this you just find an opening and link them together like so...



Then you basically keep going. If you want a chain my length then use around 18 paperclips. Obviously you can go shorter or longer to create your stationary themed masterpiece.

And I didn't just wear it to boost my students ego, I actually wore it around LDN and got quite a few compliments :)


This just gives you a little taster of what else you can do with it. E.g. bracelets lol. Also feel free to experiment with different coloured paperclips, mixing the coloured ones with metal ones and even using the larger sized ones. 

If you do decide to try it send in a pic to poisonedcupid@hotmail.co.uk and we may even feature it on the blog...it will make me super happy. If not I'll just accept that I'm mad and stay in my little crazy corner singing Mariah Carey Drake to myself. Too far? LOL



2 comments:

  1. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a
    coworker who has been conducting a little research on this.

    And he in fact bought me lunch because I found it for him.

    .. lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending some time to talk about this matter here on your web site.


    http://sareddy.com/index.php?p=blogs/viewstory/2005521
    Here is my blog :: dahlia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in fact very complicated in this busy life to listen news on Television, thus I just use world wide web for that reason, and take the newest information.
    http://somalibook.com/index.php?do=/blog/3458/heres-how-to-get-instagram-likes-and-buy-instagram-likes/
    Visit my blog post ; lavern

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...